Feed your fish consistently, and safely, while home or away. A key component of caring for aquatic animals is regularly providing them with food, but in amounts that get consumed immediately so as not to pollute the aquarium. On top of that, most species do best when they are fed all throughout the day. However, overfeeding of aquariums is one of the top reasons for water pollution and tank failures.
FEED PELLET, FLAKE, OR OUR CROSSOVER DIET
Of course the AFS was designed to feed almost any correctly-sized pellet or flake food. But the ideal food for the AFS is the Crossover Diet pellet food by Neptune Systems. We’ve worked closely with Reed Mariculture (the manufacturer of Reef Nutrition foods) to come up with exclusive new food based on their TDO Chroma Boost that would dispense in consistent quantities from the AFS and bring out the vibrant colors in your fish.
BUILD COMPLEX FEEDING ROUTINES WITH THE APEX AND THE AFS
Since your AFS is part of the Apex ecosystem, you can build automated feeding routines that really do all the work for you. Imagine kicking off a symphony of operations on a timed schedule, like this:
- Turn off skimmer
- Turn off return pump(s)
- Set VorTech pumps to Tidal Surge
- Dim LED lights to 40%
- Wait 5 minutes
- AFS feed cycle
- Wait 10 minutes
- Turn on return pump(s)
- Wait 10 minutes
- Turn on skimmer
- Turn LED lights back to normal
STAY-DRY SYSTEM PREVENTS CAKING AND CLUMPING
A common issue for most aquarium autofeeders is moisture getting into the food, making it clump or cake and clogging up. The AFS has a motorized food delivery system that automatically extends and retracts into the housing for each feeding. And, the food container has a built-in gasket that seals out all moisture once it is retracted. Pretty cool, huh!?
DAISY-CHAIN MULTIPLE AFS TOGETHERThe AFS connects to your Apex using a standard AquaBus cable. And, since there are two AquaBus connectors on the AFS, you can daisy-chain multiple feeders together. This is the perfect solution if you are going to be away from your tank for an extended period of time and need the extra capacity, or if you wanted to feed two different types of food.
FEATURES OF THE AUTOMATIC FEEDING SYSTEM – AFS:
- Apex can be set so that the AFS will feed from one time to as many times as you like throughout the day
- Connects via the Apex AquaBus
- “Stay-dry” system has a sealed container that extends and retracts for each feeding, keeping food dry.
- The lowest setting feeds just a few grains of pellet food so multiple small feedings are possible
- Allows for optimal feeding — small amounts many times a day
- Feedings can be combined with other operations such as powering off return pumps, skimmer, etc.
- Adjustable mounting clip extends up to two inches (or velcro can be used) so it will work in almost every configuration.
- Includes 15′ AquaBus Cable
- Bonus: FREE Sample of Crossover Diet food included!
- Compatible with the Apex and Apex Jr. AquaControllers.