Salifert Sr Profi Test
Regular price $ 33.18
Reagent Sr-1 is caustic. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a physician immediately. In case of ingestion do not induce vomiting but contact a physician immediately. In case of contact with skin wash with plenty of water. Keep out of reach of children.
1. Fill test vial with 5ml of water (use 5ml syringe).
2. Add 12 drops Sr-1 (caution caustic) and swirl gently for 10 seconds.
3. Add 1 level scoop of Sr-2 and swirl gently for 5 seconds. The color should be red/pink.
4. Fit the 1ml syringe without the yellow label with the small plastic tip. Ensure that the tip is mounted firmly. Fill this syringe with 1ml of Sr-3 (lower end of black rubber ring at 1.00ml mark). Dose this amount in the test vial and swirl gently for 20 seconds. If the color has changed to blue and remains so even after an additional 30 seconds then the calcium concentration is far too low (approx. 300mg/l or less) and should be corrected first before doing strontium testing.
5. Again fill this syringe with 1ml of Sr-3. Add this drop wise to the test vial. Swirl gently for a few seconds after each drop until the color changes to blue. If the color has changed to blue then swirl gently for 15 seconds. It is very likely that the color will revert back and will not be pure blue. In that case add one more drop of Sr-3 and swirl again for 15 seconds. Repeat this until the color remains blue.
6. Hold the syringe with the plastic tip facing upward. Read the value at the upper part of the black rubber ring. Look for this value in the calcium table to get the calcium concentration.
7. Fill the 1ml syringe with the yellow label (no plastic tip needed and is not supplied) with 0.5ml Sr-4 (lower end of black rubber ring at 0.50ml mark). Add this to the test vial and swirl gently for 10 seconds. The color will now be red/pink.
8. Add two levels scoops of Sr-5 and swirl gently until this powder has dissolved. Let it stand for 12-15 minutes (use a clock).
9. Fill the 1ml syringe without the yellow label and fitted with the plastic tip with 1ml of Sr-3 . Add this drop wise to the test vial. Swirl gently for 20 seconds (should definitely not be less that 20 seconds) after each drop until the color changes to blue.
10. Hold the syringe with the syringe with the plastic tip facing upward. Read the value at the upper part of the black rubber ring. Look for this value in the strontium table to obtain the strontium concentration.
|Reading from Step 5||Calcium mg/l|
|Reading from Step 10||Strontium mg/l|
|1.00||40 or higher|
Note: Error in strontium measurement is approx. +/- 5mg/l. Error in calcium measurement is approx. 2%.